"A Woman's Work is Never Done"

 It's Saturday afternoon and my day started at 6 a.m. I would have loved to sleep in but with so much to do there's never seems to be enough hours in the day. The first thing I did when I woke up was showered and dressed before taking Roxi (my dog) out to walk around the dog park. Afterwards, I dropped her back off at the house and headed to go to my usual weekend shopping for household supplies and groceries. As usual, the lines in the stores were long and there were only 2 registers open-- the rest were self-checkout. It is beyond me why stores don't keep more cashiers available during the times when they know more people will be shopping. I actually stayed in the cashier's line longer than it had taken me to pick up everything I needed. 

Back at home, I unloaded the car, took all the bags inside my apartment and then put everything in its proper place. As much I wanted to sit down and take a quick break, I had way too much to do. There was laundry to be done and then my routine weekend cleaning of the apartment, which included dusting, mopping the floors, vacuuming, etc. By the time I've completed all those tasks, Roxi will be ready to go back out to use the bathroom. In the meantime, I still have to cook dinner and get all my homework assignments done. 

So, the moral of this post? A woman's work is never done...

Comments

Popular Posts