Flowers in the Yard and a Garden

I've never had a "green thumb" and I've never thought much about planting flowers. But lately,  whenever I'm out shopping, I take a few minutes to look at different plants and flower seeds. Since I'm going to be moving, I think I want to plant some beautiful summer flowers in my front yard. Even though I've never tried to plant any, or even thought about planting any, for that matter, I have always thought how pretty they make people's yards look. The different colors scattered about the front lawn really do something to the overall appearance. Flowers also attract butterflies which make them even prettier. I haven't decided what kinds of flower seeds I'll get but I know I'll start with some that don't need a great deal of pruning especially since I don't know the first thing about gardening. I had even thought about planting an actual garden in the backyard-- just a few tomato plants and cucumbers for starters. It would be great if I could grow all the vegetables I like to eat, especially given the steady inflation of food prices; however, I better not push my luck. I'll start small and see how those few thing grow -- and how much work it requires -- and if all goes well, I'll add to the garden slowly. We'll see how it goes. 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and have a great week! 😊
 

Comments

Popular Posts