Almost at the Finish Line



Well, I'm less than 2 weeks away from completing my first semester as a college student. As I've mentioned many times throughout the semester, I was nervous and anxious when I first started. I had been out of school for many years and I was not what you would refer to as "computer savvy". In any event, I've become more familiar with the computer and I've learned how to navigate the different functions by way of hands-on experience. I know how to upload and download documents; I know how to save files in different formats, and I even know how to type an essay in MLA format- something I didn't know how to do when classes first began. I've learned so much in the past 8 weeks and I'm honestly so proud of myself. While I did run into a few bumps along the way, as a first time student, I did better than I had initially given myself credit for. Now, if I can just do well on my final exams, I'll feel more like an official college, undergraduate. 

Today, I'm working on getting the first part of the final essay done for my ENG 111 course. The essay is actually a research paper based on a topic I chose. Nevertheless, anyone who thinks writing is easy is mistaken. What I mean to say is, I guess it depends on what you're writing and who you're writing it for-- if you're dabbling around for the fun of it, it may be okay to overlook certain aspects of writing; however, when writing professionally and academically, there are rules to writing, and I've learned those rules throughout this course. I haven't mastered it in the way I would like to, but I know I've come a long ways. 

Having said that, I'm almost at the finish line!

Comments

Popular Posts