Storytime

 

The novel I’m reading is a novel written by John Grisham. I’ve been reading it for a while since I don’t have as much time to read like I used to. I had watched a movie called “A Time to Kill” and when I was browsing Amazon one day, I realized the novel which is titled “A Time to Kill: A Jake Brigance Novel” had actually been written before the movie. The movie is about an African American man whose daughter is terribly beaten and assaulted. The things they do to her are tragic and devastating to her family—most of all, her father. Because the narrative and plot of the movie are based on a time when people were segregated by race, both the movie and novel depict tones and dialogue of that time period. John Grisham is one of my favorite authors and he really brings his characters to life. He paints pictures with his words. As I’m reading one of his novels, I can hear the characters’ voices, see their faces, and imagine the scenes unfold as if I’m watching a movie. That’s excellent writing in my opinion. Anyway, the movie and novel bring about so many different emotions and I can feel the characters’ pain, anger, and happiness. The movie was really good and the novel is, too.

Image Source: http://clipart-library.com/clipart/XrijgAbcR.htm

Comments