It's almost that Time

 

Nothing major happened today. I'm getting more anxious by the day because my dog, Roxi, is getting spayed on Thursday. I know she'll be okay, I just hate that she has to be put to sleep .... I guess a dog's surgery is no different than a human's. They can't very well do the procedure while she's awake. She's so active and playful, I'm worried how she'll do during the 10-day recovery. According to the vet, she's not allowed to run, jump, or do any of the things she'd normally do because there's a strong chance she'll rip the stitches and have to go back in, be to sleep again,  to have them restitched, if not worse. However, the vet did inform me that they'd be sure to send her home with a mild sedative and pain medicine. I'm definitely going to spoil her as she recovers-- more so than usual. I decided to have her spayed because when she goes into heat, it makes her feel so sick. She doesn't play and I can tell she's miserable during those 14 days. Since I'm not going to breed her there's no need to make her go through all of that, and besides, having her spayed prevents her from accidentally getting pregnant with puppies. I asked the vet would being spayed change her in anyway and she said no, so I'm happy about that. She did tell me there was a chance she would eat more due to her no longer having a certain hormone. Hopefully, all goes well and she recovers with no issues. 

Image Source: 
Photo by Patrick Hendry on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts